Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Escape

The Escape
by Adrian Argulla
(A Story of Tragedy)

     I ran against the wall,  I prowled carefully but the lights passed by beside me. I was thinking about the ways on how to resolve the problem, then I realized that I was in great trouble. I cautiously stood behind the post but still the lights kept on hunting me. It was my mind that was screaming and not my heart, though my soul wanted to flee. I saw a murky corner of the field, thinking that it was my only hope for salvation. Every time I kept myself away from lights, I felt so much relieved. I decided to crawl and crawl until I found myself on a wet ground. I was much dirty as a water buffalo I reckon. And so, I didn't know how to end the earsplitting pump of my heart marked by intensity. I couldn't feel my feet which were stuck on the mud. Suddenly, I heard a violent burst from distance. I stopped promptly and was thinking that it was the end of my effort to keep myself alive refugee. "The escape is much impossible", that was the only thought in my mind. In my second thought, the idea of optimism was still fighting to conquer the pessimism of my soul. I would say I was fainthearted but then still pursuing for freedom.
    My body was horribly shaking. I felt that I couldn't move my left leg. Perhaps, I was already been shot. I  barely tried to have a peek of it while lying on the dirty surface, though I was aware that the kill shot was waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment